DFS relies on professionals to ensure the smooth flow of air traffic in Germany. Professionals who have a passion for their job. We need people who understand that aviation is more than just moving aircraft from A to B; it is about the safety of the people in our care. Our 5,400 members of staff are specialists when it comes to safety. Working directly with pilots, our air traffic controllers guarantee the safe and smooth flow of air traffic. They have a suite of high-tech IT systems at their
disposal, which are maintained by our own teams of engineers. The 10,000 flights we control daily are a confirmation of how important our job is and are the source of our passion for our job. If you share our fascination with the world of aviation, apply now. At DFS, your career will be cleared for take-off.
Qualified Air Traffic Controller for
Upper Airspace (f/m)
Your role at DFS
DFS relies on professionals to ensure the smooth flow of air traffic in Germany. Professionals who have a passion for their job. We need people who understand that aviation is more than just moving aircraft from A to B; it is about the safety of the people in our care. Even in times of increasing traffic volumes, we guarantee the safe flow of traffic. That’s where you come in: Air traffic controllers in the Karlsruhe control centre are responsible for area control in the upper airspace of Germany.
Finely-tuned teams consisting of a radar controller and coordinator controller are a great example of teamwork. The radar controller gives precise instructions to the pilots while the coordinator controller remains in close contact with adjacent sectors and takes on all other coordination tasks, such as those that arise from a change in routing. If you are interested in becoming part of our team at the Karlsruhe control centre, feel free to send us your application.
What sets you apart?
- You hold a European air traffic controller licence in line with Regulation (EU) No 2015/340 with at least a valid ASC rating
- and, ideally, have at least two years of experience using this rating
- As an alternative to the European air traffic controller licence, you have a rating which qualifies you to work in upper airspace and, ideally, at least two years of experience using this rating
- You have reached ICAO level 4 or better proficiency in English
- You hold a valid medical certificate
- You are prepared to participate in an assessment at the Karlsruhe control centre that will last several days
Jens Rimmelspacher looks forward to your call on Telefon +49 (0) 721 6903-307.